Dive in the clearest water in the world and float between two continents in Iceland with no other people around!
Our private tours include a private guide, the diving tour and all necessary equipment for diving. During our private tours we usually go outside the busiest time at Silfra on a start time that fits your schedule, whether it is early in the morning or late in the evening.
All divers on this Private Diving Tour must have dry suit diving certification OR 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the Silfra tour date, which must be confirmed with written proof from a diving instructor.
In case you do not fulfill these requirements, you can take PADI Dry Suit Diver Certification Course (or equivalent) before coming to Iceland. Or you can also take the Dry Suit Diver Course & Diving Silfra 2-Day Package here with us in Iceland! Alternatively, you can also Snorkel in private instead of scuba diving.
The structure of your Diving Tour
The Private Diving Day Tour includes one dive which will take about 30-40 minutes, with a maximum depth of 18 meters.
Your guide will give you a detailed briefing of the dive site and will then assist you in setting up our dive equipment. We use high quality BARE and Aqualung brand SCUBA equipment and APEX or Aqualung regulators.
Silfra is a fissure between the North American and Eurasian continental plates. Silfra constantly fills with glacial water that has been trickling through underground lava rock for 30 years. This remarkable crack between two tectonic plates is therefore filled with the clearest water on our planet, allowing for up to 100 meters visibility.
During your dive you will explore the four main parts of Silfra. You will float through the narrowest section called Big Crack first, where you can have your ‘Dive Between the Continents’ photo taken. As the Silfra fissure widens you will find yourself in Silfra Hall with the possibility of spotting local ducks and geese paddling overhead.
Near the opening to Thingvallavatn Lake we enter the majestic Silfra Cathedral – the deepest point of this amazing diving tour. If there are divers ahead, you will easily see the mesmerizing ‘chandelier effects’ of their rising bubbles. Lastly, your dive will conclude in the relaxed, endless visibility of Silfra Lagoon.
After the dive, we will make our way back along a 250 meter path with our dive gear and then warm our hands and spirits with hot chocolate and cookies. Don’t hesitate to let your guide know if you need assistance with your gear on the walk back!
This tour is only available with pick up. Your private guide will pick you up in Reykjavík and drive you to Silfra. During the drive, your guide will provide you with background information about the unique geology and cultural history of Iceland.
If you want to avoid the crowds and have Silfra all to yourself, this is the experience for you.
One of my top 5 guided dive experiences!
This was just awesome. My daughter and I did the dive for her birthday. The operation is organized. Pickup was on time. Driver and Guide (CHARLIE) were super. Charlie did an amazing job with the entire program - including the underwater photography which I highly recommend purchasing with the package. I’m a dive instructor and know how much work goes into these programs. I can’t think of anything that would have made it better. SUPER JOB Dive.is!
Available on request. Start times that fit your schedule, day or night
All year round, daily. Don't see a tour time that works for you, contact us at email@example.com and we will find the best time for you
Approx. 2.5 hours at the site
For up to 3 divers
Not looking for a private experience? Check out our Diving Silfra day tour
- Dive Instructor
- 1 guided dive
- All necessary dive equipment
- Pick up and transfer
- Entrance fee into Silfra
- Hot chocolate and cookies after the dive
- Your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Diver Water or equivalent)
- Proof of dry suit dive certification or 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of tour date
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
Covid-19 safety precautions
- We are a certified partner of the Clean and Safe initiative
- Only 3 divers with a guide
- Plenty of space at Silfra to uphold the 2 meter rule
- Mandatory mask use on our transfer bus and within 2m at Silfra (if needed)
- Customers bring their own COVID19 face mask
- Hand sanitizer and disposable gloves are provided in our bus and at Silfra
- All equipment and vehicles are thoroughly sanitized after every tour
This tour is depending availability. If we are able to go on the requested date and time, we will confirm the booking and send you a payment link for the total amount. You choose the day you want to go on this page, then choose the location and start time on the next page.
Safety requirementsParticipants must:
be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent
have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the Silfra tour date OR have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the Silfra tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives PDF
have read, signed, and followed directions on the online Diving Silfra Medical Statement (link provided in confirmation email) PDF
have our Diving Medical form signed off by a doctor if they are age 60 or older PDF
sign our liability release form at the start of the Silfra dive tour PDF
be at minimum 150cm / maximum 200cm
be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
fit within our dry suit size chart PDF
be at least 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
be physically fit
be able to communicate in English
be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
not be pregnant
Timeline of your tour
- Meeting with your driver at the selected pick-up location in Reykjavik
- Arrival at the meeting point at Silfra, check-in with guides
- Division into groups of 3 people, one group per guide
- Briefing and gear-up with your guide (∼1 hour total)
- Once you are fully dressed, you will make your way to the entry point (we do our best to book private tours at quiet times, but there may be a short wait to enter the water)
- Weight check upon entering the water
- 30-45 minutes spent in the water
- Exit through platform, walk back to the meeting point (∼250 meters).
- Take off equipment, enjoy hot chocolate and cookies to warm up
- At this point, you will have time to chat with your guide, ask any questions you might have and take a look at the pics taken during the tour
Experience the tour
Guides on this tour
Thingvellir National Park