If you are interested in experiencing the ever-present natural elements in Iceland, this tour is for you! You will scuba dive in the cold and clear water in one of the world’s most amazing dive sites, Silfra, then warm up in the spa and saunas in the relaxing Laugarvatn Fontana spa.
We can proudly state that DIVE.IS will offer you the best service level at Silfra. Let us tell you why:
- We built our own changing room so that our guests have the opportunity to dress up inside a heated changing van.
- After snorkeling in the cold water, we warm you up with hot cocoa and cookies.
- Our guides are all experienced PADI divemasters and instructors that have been through professional training before running any of our tours
Your adventure begins with your diving tour at Silfra. Silfra, the famous fissure between the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates, provides an underwater experience unlike anywhere else on earth. Diving in the crystal clear glacial water will give you a 100+ meter view right in to Lake Thingvallavatn as you pass through an expansive canyon created by the slow separation of the tectonic plates.
This is the Cold part of this day tour but no need to worry as Silfra is always a comfortable 2-3°C. You will also be provided with a dry suit and an undergarment to keep you dry and warm.
After your 30-40 minute scuba diving session in Silfra, we warm you up with hot cocoa and cookies. You can then explore the Thingvellir area, a Unesco heritage site to your desire before moving on to Laugarvatn Fontana to relax.
Laugarvatn village has been a place to bathe since viking times as a geothermal hot spring is situated right by Lake Laugarvatn warming up the water. Laugarvatn Fontana took the idea one step further and built their steam rooms on top of the bubbling hot spring making the experience truly Icelandic and unique. Guests can also relax in the natural pools and hot tubs in between dips in the cold lake.
Silfra and Laugarvatn Fontana are both on the Golden Circle, making this tour the perfect Golden Circle activity and spa self-drive combo in Iceland!
Once you are hot you can continue on the Golden circle, you are only a stone's throw away from the famous hot spring Geysir and Gullfoss waterfall.
This is a combo self-drive tour (pick up is not an option). Meeting point for Silfra Diving is at Thingvellir national park. The drive from Reykjavik is about 1 hour.
Please visit the Laugarvatn Fontana website to see their exact location. The drive from Silfra is about 30 minutes. The time on your voucher is an approximate time. You do not have to go at that time, your voucher is valid all day. Laugarvatn Fontana also has an excellent lunch and dinner buffet plus the one and only Geothermal Bakery where you can experience the very Icelandic pot-baked bread we call Rúgbrauð.
If someone in your party doesn't dive but wants to visit the spa with you, you can book them in from our Laugarvatn Fontana tour page. There is also an option to snorkel Silfra, a truly unique experience for non divers.
Our Souvenirs can be purchased in your booking process by selecting them under "Extras". If the Souvenir you are looking for is not listed below, please contact us or leave a comment in your booking and we will bring it on tour with us.
All year round, daily. Don't see a tour time that works for you, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will find the best time for you
Approx. 2.5 hours at Silfra, 30 minutes drive to Fontana. Relax as long as you want in the Fontana Spa.
Maximum 3 snorkelers per dive guide
- Guided scuba diving trip
- All necessary diving equipment
- Hot chocolate and cookies after the diving trip
- Vegan hot chocolate and cookies available, if you are vegan let us know at email@example.com
- Entrance fee into Silfra
- Entrance fee at Laugarvatn Fontana Geothermal Baths
- Your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Diver Water or equivalent)
- Proof of dry suit dive certification or 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of tour date
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
Safety requirementsParticipants must:
be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent
have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the Silfra tour date OR have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the Silfra tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives PDF
have read, signed, and followed directions on the online Diving Silfra Medical Statement (link provided in confirmation email) PDF
have our Diving Medical form signed off by a doctor if they are age 60 or older PDF
sign our liability release form at the start of the Silfra dive tour PDF
be at minimum 150cm / maximum 200cm
be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
fit within our dry suit size chart PDF
be at least 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
be physically fit
be able to communicate in English
be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
not be pregnant
Covid-19 safety precautions
- We are a certified partner of the Clean and Safe initiative
- Only 3 divers with a guide
- Plenty of space at Silfra to uphold the 2 meter rule
- Mandatory mask use on our transfer bus and within 2m at Silfra (if needed)
- Customers bring their own COVID19 face mask
- Hand sanitizer and disposable gloves are provided in our bus and at Silfra
- All equipment and vehicles are thoroughly sanitized after every tour
Timeline of your tour
- (If you have booked a tour with pick up you will first meet your driver at the selected pick-up location in Reykjavik)
- Arrival at the meeting point at Silfra 15 minutes before the tour start time, check-in with guides
- Division into groups of 3 people, one group per guide
- Briefing and gear-up with your guide (∼1 hour total)
- Once you are fully dressed, your guide will take a number from the park ranger and that will be your group’s number to enter the water
- Make your way to the entry platform, short wait (wait time may vary)
- Weight check upon entering the water
- 30-45 minutes spent in the water
- Exit through platform, walk back to the meeting point (∼250 meters)
- Take off equipment, enjoy hot chocolate and cookies to warm up
- At this point, you will have time to chat with your guide, ask any questions you might have and take a look at the pics taken during the tour
- When you checked out the beautiful Thingvellir National park you start making your way to Laugarvatn Fontana Spa (about 30 min drive)
- The start time on your ticket is flexible, you can show up sooner or later then what the ticket states
- Relax at the saunas and spa as long as you like
- Continue on your journey, whether it be the Golden circle or back home
Experience the tour
Guides on this tour
Meet us at our meeting point at Silfra!
Thingvellir National Park