Learn to dive in a dry suit and prepare for Silfra
You will be diving in Silfra in 2 days
Iceland is a beautiful and unique place to dive, presenting you with new experiences when taking the plunge.
Cold water diving requires a different set of skills than warm water. For instance, you must be able to control your buoyancy, clear air from your feet, and remove and replace your dry suit inflator hose. Cold water diving is new to you? No problem! With this 2-day package you gain the required experience and get prepared for our Diving Tours. We teach you everything you need to know to immerse into your first fun diving adventure in Iceland’s cold water conditions right afterwards.
DIVE.IS, Iceland's PADI 5 Star Dive Center, offers the PADI Dry Suit Course on a daily basis and provides students a high quality, safe, fun and thorough introduction to dry suit diving, taught by our experienced Dry Suit Instructors.
Please be aware that although this course is taught in a fun and relaxing manner, it is a very physically demanding course.
Our Dry suit course and Silfra dive with Stefanino
We took the dry suit course and then Silfra dive trip. I can't say enough about the experience. Stefanino was an excellent instructor, he was extremely knowledgeable and professional. We felt at ease within minutes of being with him. We were fairly new to diving and he adapted to our skill and showed us a great experience both in the course as well as the Silfra. We highly recommend Dive.IS, they made the experience simple and worry free and if you get the chance recommend Stefanino he is an excellent guide and well versed in his craft. We will definitely be back.
Available all year round
Don't see a course time that works for you? Contact us at email@example.com and we will find the best time
10-12 hours on the course, starting at 07:00, 3-5 hours on the tour
Maximum 3 divers per dive instructor
Minimum 1 diver
Check out our Dry Suit Academy for 2-3 day packages
Covid-19 safety precautions
- We are a certified partner of the Clean and Safe initiative
- Only 3 divers with a guide at Silfra
- Only 4 students with each instructor on the course
- Plenty of space at Silfra to uphold the 2 meter rule
- Mandatory mask use on our transfer bus and within 2m at Silfra (if needed)
- Customers bring their own COVID19 face mask
- Hand sanitizer and disposable gloves are provided in our bus and at Silfra
- All equipment and vehicles are thoroughly sanitized after every tour
- Your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Water or equivalent)
- Proof that you finished the Knowledge Reviews for the Dry Suit Course
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- A COVID19 face mask
- Dive Instructor
- Transport to and from the Reykjavík Area (only for the course)
- One Knowledge Development session with your instructor
- 1 Confined Open Water session
- 2 Open Water Dives (at a local dive site)
- PADI Certification fee
- 1 guided dive in Silfra
- All dive equipment necessary to complete the course & tour
- Hot chocolate and cookies in the dive break
- Vegan hot chocolate and cookies available, if you are vegan let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entrance fee into Silfra
- PADI Dry Suit Diver E-book (7.990,- ISK) automatically accompanies the course. If you have purchased a hard copy of the PADI Dry Suit Diver manual, you are welcome to bring that along with you and we will refund you the cost of the E-book. Please let us know as soon as possible after booking if you have your own manual.
- It is a necessary to study it and fill out the Knowledge Reviews in the manual before the course begins.
be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water or equivalent
have read, signed, and followed directions on the online Diving Silfra Medical Statement (link provided in confirmation email) PDF
have our Diving Medical form signed off by a doctor if they are age 60 or older PDF
sign our liability release form at the start of the diving tour PDF
be at minimum 150cm / maximum 200cm
be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
fit within our dry suit size chart PDF
be at least 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
be physically fit
be able to communicate in English
be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
not be pregnant
Most unions in Iceland subsidize a part of the course fee for their members. We encourage you to find out your rights within your union.
See our multi day schedule
Day 1 – PADI Dry Suit Diver Course
• Theory and Knowledge Review
• Pick-up and drop-off from central Reykjavik
• Confined water session at a local pool
• Two Open Water training dives at a local dive site
During the confined water session your instructor will introduce you to diving in a drysuit. The skills you learn will include donning and maintenance of the dry suit, buoyancy control and self rescue skills. You will then move on to your open water dive site where you will practice these skills again at a deeper depth and in a different environment.
The course has a maximum of three students per instructor, which gives each student the greatest individual attention. With training in a variety of dive sites, this dry suit course provides a sturdy basis for all of the cold-water dives that you will undertake in the future.
Day 2 – Joining our Diving Silfra Day Tour
After you completed Day 1 successfully and got your certificate, it’s time for you to join our Diving Silfra Day Tour and to enjoy your fun dive!
The pick-up service for the Diving Tour can be booked separately.
Please note that neither participants nor instructors are allowed to bring any type of camera into the water on the course. This is prohibited by PADI standards. However, our guides will bring a high quality camera with them on the dive during the Diving Day Tour.
For more information about dry suit diving, please visit our website http://www.drysuitdiving.org
Your bookable extras
Our Souvenirs can be purchased in your booking process by selecting them under "Extras". If the Souvenir you are looking for is not listed below please contact us or leave a comment in your booking and we will bring it on tour with us.
The Silfra Tectonic Specialty Course can only be taken on The Silfra Diving Day Tour, the course can be added in your booking process by selecting it under "Extras".
Experience the tour
Frequently asked questions about our Dry Suit Course & Diving Silfra 2-Day Package
Can I bring my own camera on the Drysuit course?
Unfortunately, PADI dive training regulations prohibit both the dive instructor and the students from carrying a camera of any sort during training dives. As we are a PADI 5 Star Dive Center, we respect these regulations.
Can I take the PADI Dry Suit Diver Course and dive Silfra?
To dive Silfra you are required to have either a drysuit diver certification or drysuit dive expereince. We have therefore created a 2-day Drysuit and Silfra Combo Tour. During this tour, you will complete your PADI Dry Suit Diver Specialty Course on the first day and, upon completion, participate in the Diving Silfra Day Tour on the second day.
Where is your shop?
Our dive shop is located at the western end of downtown Reykjavik, a 20-30 minute walk from most of the city centre. We are happy to welcome you here between 9am and 5pm every day of the week.
View all FAQs