New and exciting
We will pick you up at BSÍ bus station in downtown Reykjavik. From there we set out to Reykjanes Geopark where we will spend the day becoming familiar with all kinds of geothermal energy.
Lake Kleifarvatn is hidden within a stunning volcanic landscape just 45 minutes from Reykjavík. Standing at the lake shore and changing into your dry suit, you will probably catch a whiff of the sulfur emitted from nearby hot springs and the total silence will let you forget that you are anywhere near civilization.
Snorkeling in bubbling hot springs is usually impossible as the water is far too hot, but the hot springs at the bottom of Lake Kleifarvatn provide us with the opportunity to do just that! Some people have described it as swimming in a glass of champagne. We enjoy hot cocoa and cookies on the beach after the snorkeling tour.
On the bus we go but only for a moment because in a matter of minutes we will arrive at the geothermal area of Seltún. Here you can take a walk and enjoy the colors of hot springs above water.
We continue to the Blue Lagoon. The scenic drive will take us past the new volcano in Geldingadalir. Unfortunately, the new volcano can not be seen from the road but we will see some brand new lava from a distance. The landscape of Reykjanes Geopark is extremely rugged and you can just imagine how volcanic activity has shaped it for millions of years...and still is!
The Blue Lagoon is our next stop. The lagoon is formed from excess water from a nearby geothermal power plant and is yet another type of geothermal energy that we experience on this tour. Our guide says goodbye in the Blue Lagoon parking lot.
You can grab a short lunch in the Blue Lagoon cafeteria before entering the Lagoon at 13.00. / 1pm. Your will be enjoying the comfort package.
After soaking in the Blue Lagoon for as long as you like, you can jump on a bus from our partners at Reykjavik Excursions. They will take you back to where it all started, BSÍ Bus terminal in downtown Reykjavik.
This tour is also available as a self drive tour or only with pick up, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book this tour without entrance fee to Blue Lagoon.
1 May - 30 September
Don't see a tour time that works for you? Contact us at email@example.com and we will find the best time
Maximum of 8 snorkelers per snorkel guide
Minimum 4 snorkelers. We will refund you in full if the minimum is not met
Also available without the Blue Lagoon as a Hot Spring snorkeling self drive tour
- Pick-up from BSÍ
- Guided snorkeling trip
- All necessary snorkeling equipment
- Hot chocolate and cookies at the lake's shore
- Vegan hot chocolate and cookies available, if you are vegan let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop at geothermal area Seltún
- Scenic drive in Reykjanes Geopark, by the new volcano in Geldingadalir
- Comfort entrance to the Blue Lagoon
- Drop off at BSÍ with Reykjavik Excursions
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- Contact lenses if you wear glasses
- A COVID19 face mask
Covid-19 safety precautions
- We are a certified partner of the Clean and Safe initiative
- Only 8 passengers with a guide
- Plenty of space at Kleifarvatn to uphold the 2 meter rule
- Mandatory mask use on our transfer bus and within 2m at Kleifarvatn (if needed)
- Customers bring their own COVID19 face mask
- Hand sanitizer and disposable gloves are provided in our bus and at Kleifarvatn
- All equipment and vehicles are thoroughly sanitized after every tour
Safety requirementsParticipants must:
have read, signed, and followed directions on the online Snorkeling Medical Statement (link provided in confirmation email) PDF
have our Snorkeling Medical form signed off by a doctor if they are age 60 or older PDF
sign our liability release form at the start of the snorkeling tour PDF
be at minimum 150cm / maximum 200cm PDF
be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg PDF
fit within our dry suit size chart PDF
be at least 12 years of age on the year and at least 45 kg / 99 lbs
be comfortable in water and be able to swim
be physically fit
be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
be able to communicate in English
not be pregnant
Timeline of your tour
- Meeting with your guide at the BSI Bus Terminal in Reykjavik
- Arrival at the meeting point at Kleifarvatn 15 minutes before the tour start time, check-in with guides
- Division into groups of 8 people, one group per guide
- Briefing and gear-up with your guide (∼1 hour total)
- Make your way to the entry point
- 30-45 minutes spent in the water
- Exit the water, take off equipment, enjoy hot chocolate and cookies to warm up
- At this point, you will have time to chat with your guide, ask any questions you might have and take a look at the pics taken during the tour
- Short drive to Krýsuvík
- Visit to the Seltún geothermal hot springs area
- Short drive to the Blue Lagoon with your guide, arrival at 13:00
- Drive back to the BSI Bus Terminal in Reykjavik after enjoying the Blue Lagoon for as long as you wish (drop off operated by Reykjavik Excursions)
Your bookable extras
Experience the tour
Guides on this tour
BSÍ Bus terminal
Seltún Geothermal area