Max 6 people
Family and Friends Snorkeling Silfra Tour
A great opportunity to visit Silfra away from the crowds!
A snorkeling adventure in the famous Silfra fissure is an unforgettable experience, an adventure in the purest water on Earth. That is the reason that TripAdvisor chose this tour as the #4 experience in the world. Make it even more special by having a guide dedicated to your family or group of friends.
We can proudly state that DIVE.IS will offer you the best service level at Silfra. Let us tell you why:
- We built our own changing room so that our guests have the opportunity to dress up inside a heated changing van.
- After snorkeling in the cold water, we warm you up with hot cocoa and cookies.
- Our guides are all experienced PADI divemasters and instructors that have been through professional training before running any of our tours
Our snorkeling tour of Silfra is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for your family to experience a fascinating underwater world that is unique to this site. Nowhere else on Earth will you ever find such transparent water and unbelievable colors! The glacial water that fills the Silfra fissure has been filtered through underground lava rock for centuries, a process that makes it crystal clear and with 120 meters of visibility.
This tour is only available on request and it allows you to reserve a guide just for your group of up to 6 people.
This will give you a more personalised and intimate experience, away from the crowds. An unforgettable outdoor activity for the whole family!
At your arrival at Silfra, you will be welcomed by your guide. Your snorkeling equipment will be ready and your guide will instruct you on how to gear up and use the equipment in complete safety. The dry suit and the undergarment that we provide will keep you dry and warm for the duration of the tour.
After making your way to the entry platform (3-minute walk from the meeting point), you will spend about 30 minutes floating through the four parts of Silfra: the Big Crack, the Hall, the Cathedral and the Lagoon.
These sections offer different sceneries and rock formations and the full spectrum of Silfra’s colours and clarity become more and more apparent as you proceed through the fissure. When the depth reaches 23 meters below you, you will fell like you are flying!
At the end of the tour, you will make your way back to the meeting point, where your guide will help you out of your gear and offer you hot chocolate and cookies to warm up.
The price for this tour is intended for a group of 1 to 6 people.
This is a self-drive tour and we will meet you at the Silfra meeting point in the Thingvellir National Park. If you need to be picked up in Reykjavik, please let us know in advance so that we can give you a final price.
One of the most memorable experiences of my life
THIS IS A MUST DO IN ICELAND. It’s amazing that you get to snorkel in water that took 50 years to flow into the fissure from the glacier (you get to drink it too). You’re snorkelling in between two tectonic plates which really is a one of a kind experience. The guys at Dive.is were timely with the pick up and kept us entertained the whole way. They help you with all the equipment so no stress if you haven’t snorkelled before. Our guide Jonas was super friendly and chill, and gave us a really informative briefing before we went into the water. Yes, it’s chilly but the view is amazing you really don’t notice the cold. This was without a doubt one of my favourite memories in Iceland.
Available on request
Approx. 2.5 hours at the site, 5 hours if with transportation from Reykjavík
Maximum 6 snorkelers per snorkel guide
The price for this tour is intended for a group of 1 to 6 people
Not looking for a private experience? Check out our Snorkeling Silfra day tour
- Guided snorkeling trip
- All necessary snorkeling equipment
- Hot chocolate and cookies after the snorkeling trip
- Vegan hot chocolate and cookies available, if you are vegan let us know at email@example.com
- Entrance fee into Silfra
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- Contact lenses if you wear glasses
- A COVID19 face mask
Covid-19 safety precautions
- We are a certified partner of the Clean and Safe initiative
- Only 6 passengers with a guide
- Plenty of space at Silfra to uphold the 2 meter rule
- Mandatory mask use on our transfer bus and within 2m at Silfra (if needed)
- Customers bring their own COVID19 face mask
- Hand sanitizer and disposable gloves are provided in our bus and at Silfra
- All equipment and vehicles are thoroughly sanitized after every tour
This tour is depending availability. If we are able to go on the requested date and time, we will confirm the booking and send you a payment link for the total amount.
For your safety, all participants must:
have read, signed, and followed directions on the online Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement (link provided in confirmation email) PDF
have our Snorkeling Medical form signed off by a doctor if they are age 60 or older PDF
sign our liability release form at the start of the snorkeling tour PDF
be at minimum 150cm / maximum 200cm
be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
fit within our dry suit size chart PDF
be at least 12 years of age on the year and at least 45 kg / 99 lbs
be comfortable in water and be able to swim
be physically fit
be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
be able to communicate in English
not be pregnant
Timeline of your tour
- Arrival at the meeting point at Silfra 15 minutes before the tour start time, check-in with guides
- Division into groups of 6 people, one group per guide
- Briefing and gear-up with your guide (∼1 hour total)
- Once you are fully dressed, your guide will take a number from the park ranger and that will be your group’s number to enter the water
- Make your way to the entry platform, short wait (wait time may vary)
- 30-45 minutes spent in the water
- Exit through platform, walk back to the meeting point (∼250 meters)
- Take off equipment, enjoy hot chocolate and cookies to warm up
- At this point, you will have time to chat with your guide, ask any questions you might have and take a look at the pics taken during the tour
Your bookable extras
Experience the tour
EXPERIENCE THE TOUR
You will snorkel here
Thingvellir National Park