Scuba dive in a glass of champagne
A unique diving experience
Scuba dive in the bubbles of a geothermal hot spring, similar to a champagne glass.
Our private tours include a private guide, the diving tour, all necessary equipment for diving and hot coco and cookies after the tour.
All divers on this Private Diving Tour must have dry suit diving certification OR 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the Silfra tour date. These 10 dives must be confirmed with written proof signed by a diving instructor.
In case you do not fulfill these requirements, you can take PADI Dry Suit Diver Certification Course (or equivalent) before coming to Iceland. Or you can also take the Dry Suit Diver Course & Diving Silfra 2-Day Package here with us in Iceland! Alternatively, you can also Snorkel in private instead of scuba diving.
The structure of your Diving Tour
The Private Diving Tour includes one dive which will take about 30-40 minutes, with a maximum depth of 18 meters.
Your guide will give you a detailed briefing of the dive site and will then assist you in setting up our dive equipment. We use high quality BARE and Aqualung brand SCUBA equipment and APEX or Aqualung regulators.
Pick up and transfer
If you have your own transportation, you can meet us directly at Seltún geothermal area. Depending on the direction of the wind, you might then already smell the nearby hot springs.
If you choose the pick up option, your private guide will pick you up and drop you off at your location in Reykjavík. During the one-hour drive, your guide will provide you with background information about the unique geology and cultural history of Iceland.
At Lake Kleifarvatn
Kleifarvatn is a lake in the stunning landscape of Reykjanes peninsula, only a short drive away from the new volcano in Geldingadalir. Your briefing will take place on the shores of the lake.
At the lake’s entry point, you can already see the white and yellow sulfur deposits on the lake floor and the gas emanating from below the lake’s floor.
In the center area of the hot springs is a wide caldera that releases large amounts of warm water and gases. When entering into this space, you may have the feeling of diving into a gentle earthquake because the air bubbles coming out of the ground create pressure that causes the rocks to vibrate. Divers can feel these vibrations deep into their bones if the activity is strong enough that day.
When back on land we will enjoy some refreshments at the shore before moving on to Seltún, a nearby high temperature geothermal area on land. In Seltún we will walk along the boiling mud pots and colorful sulfur deposits before saying our goodbyes.
If you want to experience diving among the hot springs Lake Kleifarvatn, this is the experience for you.
Available on request. Start times that fit your schedule, day or night
1 May - 30 September
Approx. 2 hours at the site, 4 hours with pick up and transfer
Pick up can be arranged for an extra fee
For up to 3 divers
- Private guide
- 1 guided dive
- A start time that fits your needs, avoiding the crowds
- All necessary dive equipment
- Hot chocolate and cookies after the dive
- Photos from the tour
- Your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Diver Water or equivalent)
- Proof of dry suit diving certification OR written proof from a diving instructor of 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of tour date
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
This tour is depending availability. If we are able to go on the requested date and time, we will confirm the booking and send you a payment link for the total amount. You choose the day you want to go on this page, then choose the location and start time on the next page.
be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent
have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the Silfra tour date OR have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the Silfra tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives PDF
have read, signed, and followed directions on the online Diving Medical Statement (link provided in confirmation email) PDF
have our Diving Medical form signed off by a doctor if they are age 60 or older PDF
sign our liability release form at the start of the dive tour
be at minimum 150cm / maximum 200cm
be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
fit within our dry suit size chart PDF
be at least 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
be physically fit
be able to communicate in English
be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
not be pregnant
Covid-19 safety precautions
- No Covid precautions at the moment
- We are a certified partner of the Clean and Safe initiative
- Only 3 divers with a guide
- Customers are welcome to wear their own COVID19 face mask
Timeline of your tour
- (If you have booked a private tour with pick up you will first meet your driver at the selected pick-up location in Reykjavik)
- Arrival at the Seltún geothermal area, 15 minutes before the tour start time, check-in with guides
- Briefing and gear-up with your guide (∼1 hour total)
- Once fully dressed, you will make your way in to Lake Kleifarvatn, the hot spring area is about 50m from shore
- 30-45 minutes spent in the water
- Take off equipment, enjoy hot chocolate and cookies to warm up
- At this point, you will have time to chat with your guide, ask any questions you might have and take a look at the pics taken during the tour
- (if you have booked a tour with pick up, your driver will drop you off at your location in Reykjavik)
Your bookable extras
Leiðsögumenn í þessari ferð