Bright night snorkeling
The Icelandic summer is a fantastic and beautiful time. For visitors new to the northern bright summer nights, the midnight sun is an amazing experience. To combine this with snorkeling in the clearest water on this planet right between the North American and the Eurasian continents is extraordinary, there is a reason TripAdvisor chose our Snorkeling Tour the No 4 experience in the world!
We can proudly state that DIVE.IS will offer you the best service level at Silfra. Let us tell you why:
- We have an extra person at Silfra assisting you before and after the snorkelling experience. We call this person Surface Support and they make sure your tour runs smoothly. They also provide extra safety for you and the guides.
- We built our own changing room so that our guests have the opportunity to dress up inside a heated changing van.
- After snorkeling in the cold water, we warm you up with hot cocoa and cookies.
- Our guides are all experienced PADI divemasters and instructors that have been through professional training before running any of our tours.
In the summer between June 1st and July 31st we offer our Snorkeling Silfra Tour with a meeting time of 21:00 at Silfra. The tour is the same as the Snorkeling Silfra Day Tour, with the difference that we will snorkel in the late evening when we have the National Park Thingvellir almost to ourselves.
The evening atmosphere in Thingvellir is quiet and mysterious and the special evening light will provide an unforgettable scene for your snorkel. The late start time also makes it possible for you to do other activities during the day and use the evening as well.
Please note this is a self-drive tour only.
Our Souvenirs can be purchased in your booking process by selecting them under "Extras". If the Souvenir you are looking for is not listed below please contact us or leave a comment in your booking and we will bring it on tour with us.
June 1st - July 31st
Approx. 2.5 hours at the site
Maximum 6 snorkelers per snorkel guide
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- Contact lenses if you wear glasses
- Guided snorkelling trip
- All necessary snorkelling equipment
- Hot choclate and cookies after the snorkelling trip
- Entrance fee into Silfra
- Photos of the Snorkeling Tour, they cost additional 2.990,- ISK
Meeting times at Silfra:
Please see the booking calendar for available meeting times at Silfra for the snorkeling tour.
Pick up service:
If you don't have your own car, you can join one of our Snorkeling Silfra Day Tours during the day that does offer pick up.
Safety requirementsParticipants must:
have read, signed, and followed directions on the online Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement (link provided in confirmation email) PDF
have our Snorkeling Medical form signed off by a doctor if they are age 60 or older PDF
sign our liability release form at the start of the snorkeling tour PDF
be at minimum 150cm / maximum 200cm
be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
fit within our dry suit size chart PDF
be at least 12 years of age on the year and at least 45 kg / 99 lbs
be comfortable in water and be able to swim
be physically fit
be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
able to communicate in English
not be pregnant
Experience the tour
Guides on this tour
You will snorkel here
Join our pick up service from Reykjavik or meet us at our meeting point at Silfra!
Thingvellir National Park