Bright night snorkeling
The Icelandic summer is a fantastic and beautiful time. For visitors new to the northern bright summer nights, the midnight sun is an amazing experience. To combine this with snorkeling in the clearest water on this planet in Silfra fissure right between the North American and the Eurasian continents is extraordinary. This tour was awarded 3rd place on the Best of the Best Traveler's choice award of 2023 by Tripadvisor as well as being in 5th place in 2022!
If you are looking for an ultra private experience, this might be your best bet as there are almost no crowds and very few scheduled tours at Silfra in the evenings.
We can proudly state that DIVE.IS will offer you the best service level at Silfra. Let us tell you why:
- We have an extra person at Silfra assisting you before and after the snorkelling experience. We call this person Surface Support and they make sure your tour runs smoothly. They also provide extra safety for you and the guides.
- We built our own changing room so that our guests have the opportunity to dress up inside a heated changing van.
- After snorkeling in the cold water, we warm you up with hot cocoa and cookies.
- Our guides are all experienced PADI divemasters and instructors that have been through professional training before running any of our tours.
In the summer between 1 June 1st and 31 August we offer our Snorkeling Silfra Tour as a private experience with a meeting time of 20:00 / 8pm at Silfra. The tour is the same as the Snorkeling Silfra Day Tour, with the difference that we will snorkel in the late evening when we have the National Park Thingvellir almost to ourselves.
The evening atmosphere in Thingvellir is quiet and mysterious and the special evening light will provide an unforgettable scene for your snorkel. The late start time also makes it possible for you to do other activities during the day and use the evening as well.
Please note this is a self-drive tour only, so you will meet us directly at the Silfra meeting point. Silfra fissure is located at Thingvellir National Park which is on the Golden circle, a very popular sightseeing route in Iceland. Other sightseeing locations on the Golden circle are Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir hot spring and Kerið crater.
Our Souvenirs can be purchased in your booking process by selecting them under "Extras". If the Souvenir you are looking for is not listed below please contact us or leave a comment in your booking and we will bring it on tour with us.
Snorkeling with Silvia
Incredible experience! The tour was led by Silva who was very kind, funny, and patient. She answered all of our (many) questions and made sure everyone was comfortable throughout the tour regardless of their experience snorkeling in dry suits. Be sure to opt for the photo package if you do not own a go pro of your own to capture this amazing experience.
1 June - 31 August
Approx. 2.5 hours at the site
For up to 6 snorkelers
- Guided snorkeling trip
- All necessary snorkeling equipment
- Hot chocolate and cookies after the snorkeling trip
- Entrance fee into Silfra
- Photos from the tour
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- Contact lenses if you wear glasses
Usually there are no scheduled tours at Silfra at night making this the ultra private Silfra tour. This tour is depending availability. If we are able to go on the requested date and time, we will confirm the booking and send you a payment link for the total amount.
For your safety, all participants must:
have read, signed, and followed directions on the online Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement (link provided in confirmation email) PDF
have our Snorkeling Medical form signed off by a doctor if they are age 60 or older PDF
sign our liability release form at the start of the snorkeling tour PDF
be at minimum 150cm / maximum 200cm
be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
fit within our dry suit size chart PDF
be at least 12 years of age on the year and at least 45 kg / 99 lbs
be comfortable in water and be able to swim
be physically fit
be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
able to communicate in English
not be pregnant
Timeline of your tour
- (If you have booked a private tour with pick up you will first meet your driver at the selected pick-up location in Reykjavik)
- Arrival at the meeting point at Silfra 15 minutes before the tour start time, check-in with guides
- Briefing and gear-up with your guide (∼1 hour total)
- Once you are fully dressed, your guide will take a number from the park ranger and that will be your group’s number to enter the water
- Make your way to the entry platform, short wait (wait time may vary)
- 30-45 minutes spent in the water
- Exit through platform, walk back to the meeting point (∼250 meters)
- Take off equipment, enjoy hot chocolate and cookies to warm up
- At this point, you will have time to chat with your guide, ask any questions you might have and take a look at the pics taken during the tour
Your bookable extras
Experience the tour
Guides on this tour
You will snorkel here
Join our pick up service from Reykjavik or meet us at our meeting point at Silfra!
Thingvellir National Park