Dive the Icelandic sea
On the Ocean Diver Day Tour you will join the undersea inhabitants of the North Atlantic for a swim through Iceland’s cool coastal scene.
Our favorite local ocean dive site is Garður, located at the tip of the Reykjanes peninsula and a one hour drive from Reykjavik. Garður is a shore dive.
Kelp forests offer a great habitat for a number of marine species, including lumpsuckers, nudibranchs, and a wide variety of invertebrates. Colorful algae also flourish here off the coast of Iceland. You will most likely notice pairs of eyes sticking out of the sandy patches of the ocean floor where the flounders live. Soft orange coral also intermittently decorates the sandy ocean floor. In the area of the kelp forests, a wolf fish might pay you an unexpected visit or stick its head out of a pile of rocks, looking a bit like a prehistoric creature.
After the dive, we will warm up with hot chocolate and cookies before heading back to Reykjavik.
If you have your own transportation, you can meet us directly at the meeting point which will be provided in the confirmation e-mail after booking.
If you choose the pick up option, your private guide will pick you up and drop you off at your location in Reykjavík. During the one-hour drive, your guide will provide you with background information about the unique geology and cultural history of Iceland.
The start time of this tour depends on the tides. We usually want to end our dive around the peak of the high tide.
Note that ocean dives in Iceland depend on the weather and it can happen that scheduled ocean dive trips have to be canceled due to unfortunate weather conditions.
All divers on this Ocean Diver Tour must have dry suit diving certification OR 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the tour date. These 10 dives must be confirmed with written proof signed by a diving instructor.
Our Souvenirs can be purchased in your booking process by selecting them under "Extras". If the Souvenir you are looking for is not listed below please contact us or leave a comment in your booking and we will bring it on tour with us.
Photos from your tour can be purchased directly from your guide at Silfra for 3000 ISK.
My partner and I did the 2 Ocean dive tours. Both we unique and fun. Our first dive was my favourite at a little crack by the ocean. The texture of the moss on the rocks reminded me of space gas clusters. Very special thank you to Ants for taking us there and looking after us to well. We were very pampered.
Minimum 2 divers
3 divers per dive instructor
Pick up can be arranged for an extra fee
1 April - 30 September
- Dive instructor
- 1 guided dive in the Ocean
- All necessary dive equipment
- Hot chocolate and cookies after the dive
- Your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Water or equivalent)
- Proof of dry suit diving certification OR written proof from a diving instructor of 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of tour date
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
Departure time depends on the tides
This tour is depending on availability. Once we have enough participants, we will confirm the booking and send you a payment link for the total amount.
Safety requirementsAll participants must:
be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water or equivalent
have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the tour date OR have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives PDF
have read, signed, and followed directions on the Diving Medical Statement PDF
have our Diving Medical form signed off by a doctor if they are age 60 or older PDF
sign our liability release form at the start of the diving tour PDF
be at minimum 150cm / maximum 200cm
be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
fit within our dry suit size chart PDF
be at least 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
be physically fit
be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
be able to communicate in English
not be pregnant
Covid-19 safety precautions
- No Covid precautions at the moment
- We are a certified partner of the Clean and Safe initiative
- Only 3 divers with a guide
- Customers are welcome to wear their own COVID19 face mask
Timeline of your tour
- (If you have booked a tour with pick up you will first meet your driver at the selected pick-up location in Reykjavik)
- Arrival at the meeting point by the ocean, check-in with guides
- Short drive to the dive site (may vary depending on weather and tides)
- Division into groups of 3 people, one group per guide
- Briefing and gear-up with your guide (∼1 hour total)
- Make your way to the entry point
- Weight check upon entering the water
- 30-45 minutes spent in the water
- Exit the water, take off equipment, enjoy hot chocolate and cookies to warm up
- At this point, you will have time to chat with your guide, ask any questions you might have and take a look at the pics taken during the tour
- (if you have booked a tour with pick up, your driver will drop you off at your location in Reykjavik)
Your bookable extras
Guides on this tour
The possible dive sites