At DIVE.IS we offer the PADI Rescue Diver Course, a two day course during which you will work closely with our instructors to learn the skills an theory necessary to dive safely and expand your awareness of the dive environment. Although it covers a lot of serious information, the practical sessions are a lot of fun, including a chance to practice your role-playing skills!
You will develop your current skills as a diver to practice first aid and rescue skills related to diving and learn how to identify and reduce risks and issues before the become problems. During the course you will practice how to administer oxygen, give CPR, do risk assessments for a dive site and practice actual rescues.
After successful completion of the PADI Rescue Diver Course you will be certified in first aid and rescue prevention, planning and execution. This is a lifetime certification and is recognized by any reputable dive centre.
What can I do as a PADI Rescue Diver?
- Identify stress factors in divers before and after dives
- Apply first aid in a diving context
- Identify and respond to diver problems at the surface and underwater
- Conduct rescues from the surface and underwater
- Identify types of diet injuries
- Register and participate in the PADI Divemaster Course or Internship
- Apply for PADI Master Scuba Diver rating (additional requirements apply)
Note: Union Grants and Other Benefits
Most unions in Iceland subsidize a part of the course fee for their members. We encourage you to find out your rights within your union.
If you are a high school or university student, the course may provide a certain number of credits that you can use towards your degree.
Former DIVE.IS students who have completed their Rescue course with us receive a 50% discount on all diving day tours from Reykjavík.
March – October
This course might also be available on request.
Two days, held over a weekend
Day 1: Knowledge Development session, Self Rescue Review, Rescue Exercises 1-6 and Rescue Scenario 1
Day 2: Rescue Exercises 7-10, Rescue Scenario 2 and Final Exam
MIN / MAX:
The course requires a minimum of 3 students
The course runs on a maximum ratio of 4 students to an Instructor.
Your tuition includes:
- Knowledge Development review and Final Exam with your PADI Instructor
- PADI Rescue Diver CrewPak or eLearning Enhancement CrewPak
- All in water training sessions over two days
- Certification Fee
Your CrewPak includes:
- PADI Rescue Diver Manual *
- EFR Pocket Mask
- PADI Rescue Diver DVD *
- Rescue Management Slate *
- PADI decal and brochures
- PADI file bag
* not included in the eLearning CrewPak
Send us an email
For your safety
Certified as PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
Certified Emergency First Responder (Primary and Secondary Care) or equivalent first aid and CPR certificate
18 years or older
Be able to communicate in English
Completed Medical Statement and if required, cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months