The IDC internship with DIVE.IS
The next IDC will be held in October 2017.
- Initial training: 2 weeks
- Internship: 3 months
- Instructor Development Course: 10 days followed by a period of independent study/remidial days
- EFR Instructor Course: 1 day
- Instructor Exam: 2 days
Min / Max:
Minimum 4 participants
Maximum 8 participants
- Private Accomodation in downtown Reykjavik including a shared kitchen and bathroom
- A complete work uniform consisting of t-shirt, hat and rain jacket
- Icelandic Guiding certificate, valid for 5 years
- Many opportunities to experience the Icelandic country and culture through our partner companies
Instructor Developement Course
- All Theory, Confined and Open Water training sessions
- Multiple Theory, Pool and Open Water presentation practices
- EFR Instructor training
- Detailed Instructor feedback on all presentations
- Limited remedial work
- Instructor assisted review day
- IDC Online* (approx 45.000,- ISK)**
- PADI Application Fees *(approx 25.000,- ISK)**
- PADI Instructor Examination Fees *(approx 86.500,- ISK)**
- PADI Instructor CrewPak *(approx 66.000,- ISK)**
- PADI EFR Instructor Manual *(approx 25.000,- ISK)**
- Personal Equipment (excl. tanks and weights)
The IDC can also be taken without doing the Internship. Prices upon request.Send us an email
For your safety
Prerequisites for the Instructor Examination:
- The same as for the Instructor Development Course (IDC)
- 100 logged dives Have successfully completed the full IDC, either in one go, or by being an Assistant Instructor and completing the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) Program
- Emergency First Response Instructor or CPR/first aid instructor with another emergency care organisation.
PADI Divemaster, or leadership level with another diver training organization
18 years old
Be able to communicate in English.
60 logged dives; documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation.
if not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster course dive rescue assessment.
Certified diver for six months.
Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months.
Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months.