The Instructor Development Course with DIVE.IS
The next IDC will be held in Autumn 2018. Dates will be 28th September to 10th October.
The Instructor Exams will be held on 13th and 14th October.
The 2019 Spring IDC will be confirmed shortly, but probably beginning of May.
• Instructor Development Course: 10 days followed by a period of independent study/remidial days
• EFR Instructor Course: 1 day
• MSDT Prep Course (Optional): 2-3 days
• Instructor Exam: 2 days
MIN / MAX:
Minimum 4 participants
Maximum 8 participants
• Instructor Developement Course
• All Theory, Confined and Open Water training sessions
• Multiple Theory, Pool and Open Water presentation practices
• EFR Instructor training
• Detailed Instructor feedback on all presentations
• Limited remedial work
• Instructor assisted review day
• IDC Online
• PADI Application Fees
• PADI Instructor Examination Fees
• PADI Instructor CrewPak
• PADI EFR Instructor Manual
• MSDT Prep Course
• 3 day IDC trip to Silfra and Strytan
• Personal Equipment (excl. tanks and weights)
The IDC can also be taken without doing the Internship. Prices upon request.Send us an email
For your safety
Prerequisites for the Instructor Examination:
- The same as for the Instructor Development Course (IDC)
- 100 logged dives Have successfully completed the full IDC, either in one go, or by being an Assistant Instructor and completing the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) Program
- Emergency First Response Instructor or CPR/first aid instructor with another emergency care organisation.
PADI Divemaster, or leadership level with another diver training organization
18 years old
Be able to communicate in English.
60 logged dives; documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation.
if not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster course dive rescue assessment.
Certified diver for six months.
Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months.
Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months.