Drive an ATV through the Reykjanes peninsula
A fun adventure for all ages
This tour will take your through the moss-covered lava fields across the Reykjanes peninsula. You will visit the Hópsnes harbour area and through the ancient foundations of the Grindavík settlement.But that's not all! You will drive on an exciting and slightly challenging mountain track that will take you to the peak of mount Hagafell, where you will be able to take in a dramatic 360° view over the Blue Lagoon, the Svartsengi volcanic crater formations, mount Fagradalsfjall, Eldey island and more!
This is a great experience for the whole family, to take a glance at the old Icelandic life and the beautiful scenery you can find just outside Reykjavik.
Available all year round
Age limit: 6 years, but driver's license is required for ATV driver
50% discount for children under 12
- 1-hour ATV guided tour (13,900 ISK per person for two people on a bike)
- Overall, gloves, mask, boots, helmet and rain coverall
- Pick-up from Grindavík and the Blue Lagoon
- Warm clothes
- Sturdy hiking shoes
- Water bottle
- Pick-up in Reykjavik or Keflavik for 4.900 ISK per person
- Entrance to the Blue Lagoon after the tour (extra fee)
- GoPro rental + 16GB memory card to keep for 9.900 ISK
- Add 4.500 ISK per person for a single bike (solo fee must be added for odd numbers and solo travelers)
- The tour starts at our base at 11:00 and 15:00 (Þórkötlustaðir 3, 240 Grindavík)
- Pick-up in Reykjavik and Keflavik is at 09:30 and 13:30
- It takes 45 minutes to drive from Reykjavík to our base and 20 minutes from Keflavík airport
Safety requirementsThere are no specific safety requirements to take part in this tour.
You will visit this area