See the eruption in Geldingadalir with your own eyes
Rarely can eruptions be experienced in such close proximity like the eruption that is happening right now in Geldingadalir, in the Reykjanes Geopark in Iceland.
Within an hour's drive from the capital and 30 minutes from the Reykjavik KEF airport, you can be experiencing this fissure eruption, as magma erupts directly from the earth's mantle, cools and then hardens right in front of you.
After a guided tour to the volcano, you will visit Leidarendi, a 2,000 year old lava tube cave.
Your guides are experts in the area and will take the back roads through the volcanic and rugged landscape of the Reykjanes Geopark. Stops will be made at Seltún geothermal area and the hauntingly beautiful lake Kleifarvatn.
This is an all-day outdoor activity that will introduce you to Iceland's natural environment which is like no other in the world.
Can be booked no later than 12 hour(s) before 8:00 AM
Max 6 people in the SUV and 16 people in Mercedes
- Guided volcano hike
- Guided cave tour
- All necessary safety equipment for caving (helmet and headlamp)
- All necessary emergency equipment for volcano hiking (volcanic gas mask)
- Private car tour
- Hiking shoes
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- Backpack or small carry-all
- Hiking poles (if you use them)
- Water, snacks and a packed lunch for the hike
Covid-19 safety precautions
- Only 6 passengers with a guide
- Plenty of space to uphold the 2 meter rule
- Mandatory mask use on our transfer car
- Customers bring their own COVID19 face mask
- Hand sanitizer and disposable gloves are provided in our transfer car
- All equipment and vehicles are thoroughly sanitized after every tour
Safety requirementsHikers must:
be physically fit
wear good hiking boots